Monday, 8 October 2012

Inventing the Future - Artists in Blogland

After interwebbing my way to the Artists in Blogland site and discovering their future theme I decided to revisit the idea from my previous post but following the Artists in Blogland prompts. I used the theme 'inventing the future' and their suggested warm colour scheme.

I didn't use the quote ('The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.' - Abraham Lincoln) even though I like it and may use it at a later date. Instead I used the quote about the future that always comes into my head - 'Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.' which is from a song by Timbuk3. I'm a glass half full (and the rest is full of air too!) kind of girl and I've always seen the future as bright for everyone if we can take responsibility for our own actions and where that's taken us to in our life.

The journalling is about seeing a bright future and even some specific goals for me and my family over the coming 5, 10 & 15 years.  I do like putting these things down on paper. :-)

And I practiced faces. This is a vast improvement on my first and I quite like it despite it's many imperfections (including the lack of eyebrows which I only noticed after I'd cropped the photo on my PC!). At least there's some depth to those eyes and that nose now. The lips are rough as... but hey, it's only my second try.

I like the white stars and leafy shapes I drew on the background.

I really don't like those lips.

4 comments:

  1. I love the song you took the quote from! This was a fun challenge and I like the way you interpreted it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote you chose. Actually, it was because of this quote that we picked the warm colors for this prompt! Great face -- even the lips!, and your whole spread is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Fall Fearless and Fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song from which you took inspiration is cool and your drawing is fun! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! You bring back memories with that quote- I immediately thought of it when I saw those shades!! So glad you joined us for Fall Fearless and Fly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, and love reading through your remarks.